8 Avocado Breakfast Options That Aren't Toast.....Finally!
It’s all you hear about when you’re transitioning into a healthier lifestyle or if you’re beginning the journey to a plant-based diet: “try avocado toast!” Well, we are here to heighten your instagram food selfies with some exciting breakfast recipes that ditch the toast to get you thinking creatively about your daily avocado intake.
Follow Your Heart VeganEgg and Bake
This is a super easy breakfast option that is great for gals on-the-go and requires minimal ingredients. All you’ll need is; (1) avocado, Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, Salt and pepper!
- Heat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
- You’ll want to make sure your avocados are room temperature
- You will want to scoop out 1 tablespoon of avocado
- Make sure to use Follow Your Heart Veganegg to pour into center of avocado
- Place avocados in a baking dish right-side up
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- Add salt pepper to make it extra tasty
Skin Glowing Avocado Smoothie
Smoothies are a delicious way to get your avocado fix for the day. For this smoothie, you will need: (2) cups unsweetened almond milk, (1) cup baby spinach, (1) avocado, (3) tablespoons pure maple syrup, (1) teaspoon natural vanilla extract, a pinch of sea salt, a few ice cubes.
Put ingredients into a blender for 30-60 seconds
That’s it! How easy! Enjoy.
Pita bread is a fantastic alternative to toast and taste divine, too! All you will need is pita bread, (1) avocado, Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, (1) handful baby spinach, Siracha to taste, salt and pepper
- Toast pita bread lightly
- Mash avocado
- Spread avocado inside pita pocket
- Cook Follow York Heart Vegan Egg according to directions on product and add to pita pocket
- Finish this scrumptious breakfast off with adding the handful of spinach
- And don’t forget the salt, pepper and Sriracha to taste!
Wake Me Up Breakfast Burrito
Say hello to the sunshine by cooking yourself up some breakfast burritos! Here are the ingredients you will need: (1) whole wheat wrap, (1) green bell pepper, (5) cherry tomatoes, (1) avocado, a handful of fresh spinach, a little bit of salsa. You’ll want to whip up some tasty chickpeas, too! For this you will need: ¼ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp. Chili powder, ¼ tsp smoked paprika, 1 pinch of ground tumeric.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees fahrenheit
- Mash chickpeas until chunky and mix with spices
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet
- Heat chickpeas until warm
- Assemble burritos with chickpeas, roasted peppers and tomatoes, fresh spinach avocado and salsa!
BAB is short for blueberry, avocado, and banana smoothie! This drink will be the ultimate exlixir to glowing skin! You will need: ½ cup almond milk of your choice, (1) cup fresh spinach, 1 medium banana (peeled), ½ avocado, (2) cups frozen blueberries, (1) tbsp ground flaxseed meal, (1) tbsp almond butter, ½ tsp cinnamon, a couple ice cubes.
- Place ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth.
Vegan Breakfast Scramble
When you’re in a scramble to get out the door in the morning, this quick recipe is for you! The vegan breakfast scramble uses Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, (1) avocado diced, (10) cherry tomatoes cut in half,½ cup of mushrooms of your choice, ½ cup diced onions, 2 handfuls of spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. This is a super simple, but filling recipe.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat
- Add Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- Add flesh of avocado, 10 cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, diced onions, spinach and salt and pepper to taste
- Heat to desired temperature
Easy Peasy Buddha Bowl
Buddha bowls are a great way to get your nutrients and feel full and energized in the morning. For this recipe you will need: (1) medium sweet potato, (3) tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground pepper, (2) tahini, 2 tbsp water, (1) tbsp lemon juice, (1) clove garlic, (2) cups cooked quinoa, (1) 15-oz can chickpeas (rinsed), 1 avocado (diced), and handful of spinach.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees fahrenheit
- Put sweet potato in medium bowl with salt and pepper, transfer to baking sheet
- Roast sweet potato until tender 20 minutes
- Whisk tahini, olive oil, water and lemon juice
- Cook quinoa according to instructions
- Put quinoa in bowl, add tahini olive oil, water and lemon juice on top
- Add sweet potato, chickpeas, avocado and handful of spinach